DNS system - Nameservers vs A record. Can use any of these two to change my hosting?

Thread: DNS system - Nameservers vs A record. Can use any of these two to change my hosting?

DNS system - Nameservers vs A record. Can use any of these two to change my hosting?

Hello, when on my domain i am using nameservers of the provider 1 and in the hosting control panel of the provider 1 in DNS section i set A record to point to a IP address of the hosting provider 2, is there any issue with this way of setup or it will just work? How it will work? Will it add additional latency to the DNS connection and one more single point of failure point? But it will work (assuming the DNS zone file is setup for my domain on destination IP the A record is pointing to)?

I am considering to temporarily use A record instead of changing nameservers of my domain - due to me having faster access to a DNS zone than changing nameservers where my provider needs various confirmations.

Yes, changing A record for the domain and www. subdomain on provider 1 was enough to "redirect" web traffic to provider 2.

First i changed TTL of the DNS A records and a MX record to 300 (5 minutes) and after like 30 minutes (was previous TTL value) i changed the IP value. The change was live in really minutes, loading the site from new hosting.

Still i am interested to read your technical insight/comments about what i written earlier. Thank you