KaliLinux installation on dual boot with Windows 10 already installed...

Thread: KaliLinux installation on dual boot with Windows 10 already installed...

Question KaliLinux installation on dual boot with Windows 10 already installed...

Hello.

I am seeking help in solving my inability to install KaliLinux on my laptop that already runs Windows 10.

I reserved ample drive space on a separate logical, primary drive. I also have ample space on my C drive. My CPU is an Intel core I5. I downloaded the iso file...

https://cdimage.kali.org/kali-2021.1...ller-amd64.iso

to a USB thumb drive. I configured my BIOS to boot from the USB drive. This process failed.

I experimented with running the .iso file from within windows. This failed also. I don't know how to proceed.

I researched to confirm that my processor was compatible with the "AMD" Kali OS, and couldn't find any data dissuading me from expecting compatibility. My reserved logical drive was originally unformatted, then I formatted it to exFAT, and tried again, with the same failure. I could format to NTFS, but at this point I conclude that I don't know what I am doing.

I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you.

-Matt

I would concentrate on NOT booting off the flash drive part.

Did you "Burn" the iso file to the flash drive?