Trying to Create Bootable USB X3 Partitions With Testing Distros

Thread: Trying to Create Bootable USB X3 Partitions With Testing Distros

Trying to Create Bootable USB X3 Partitions With Testing Distros

Can I have 3 different bootable Linux distro each on their own partitions on 1 USB thumbdrive, but what would happen when you insert the thumbdrive? Would a boot menu load first asking the user which partition you would like to start from?

I would like to eliminate any extra steps so that I can just plug in the thumbdrive and it goes into an autoloader mode to install the Linux distro, but a simple boot menu as described above is fine besides anything else further. Will this be possible and how much space would I need for this per partition, per Linux distro?

And with a new USB - (SanDisk Ultra Luxe 32GB USB 3.1 SDCZ74-032G-G46) after reformatting to EXT4 for these partitions will I be wiping away any vital Linux drivers or kernels that would prevent me from doing the set up what I’ve described above? thanks in advance for your advice.

totally doable! You can have 3 distros on separate partitions
    when you plug the USB, a boot menu should pop up, letting you choose which distro to start

space-wise, aim for at least 10-15GB per distro. formatting to EXT4 shouldn't wipe any vital stuff. just be careful during partitioning.

give it a shot, and happy distro testing