After Installing W2K Server, I now cannot see LILO

Thread: After Installing W2K Server, I now cannot see LILO

After Installing W2K Server, I now cannot see LILO

I have a machine that had 2 OSs, RH Linux 6.0 and W2K Pro. I upgraded to W2K Server. Here's how I did:

1) Boot in floppy (Win 98 Disk)
    2) Used FDISK to delete W2K partition (NTFS)
    3) Deleted NTFS File System/Partition.
    4) Created a FAT partition
    5) Reboot
    6) Formatted C:\
    7) Installed W2K Server thru MS-DOS and converted file system to NTFS.

Now I cannot boot to LINUX, LILO is not even coming up. I believe I deleted or W2K modified the MBR.

Question: How can I restore or boot to my Linux without re-installing the whole Linux OS (bec. this might damage my existing website and oher files and settings)?
    "It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married."

Do you have a Linux boot disk? If you can boot from a floppy or bootable CD and get into your RH install, you can edit lilo.conf and add W2K to it, then run lilo to reinstall it. May want to have a W2K boot disk handy, too, in case something goes wrong and you can't get to W2K after rerunning LILO.
    Pythonista in training
    HelicalCynic
    Bryan Bates

The Win install just rewrote the MBR. Take HelicalCynic's advice to get it back.

Thanks for your help.

Yes W2K indeed rewrote the MBR. Well, I have a RH Linux CD. When I insert the CD, Linux boots, but the system will prompt me to install or upgrade linux. How can I access the lilo.conf in my hard drive?

If I press ALT + F1, I can go to bash# but I don't know where to start. Still but I think I can soon see the light.

Sorreee, I mean ALT + F2

I've fixed it!!!!! hehehehe.... what I did was, I choose to "Upgrade" but I did not selected anything to upgrade and then followed the steps and the process re-wrote the MBR and it is now using LILO. I assigned a label to my W2K OS and I can now boot to both of them.

Thanks to you guys for the tip..

There are a couple quick and drity methods that might work. I haven't used RH in a while, so you may have to try them all to find one.
    First, try booting with the cd and hitting F1 for the advanced mode. Type rescue, and it should drop you in to rescue mode. You will have to manually mount anything you want to access, it will look like this:
    mount /dev/hdx /mnt where x is your root partition
    then access the /etc/lilo.conf
    If that doesn't work, browse the cd under windoze and see if you can make a floppy with the tools there. This might wind up being an "install" boot floppy and not a real boot floppy though. If that doesn't work, you might have to download a bootloader like XOSL.