Fax server/softwatre

Thread: Fax server/softwatre

Hybrid View

Fax server/softwatre

Heya

Is it possible to set up a linux box as a fax server ?? also which is better Gnome or KDE? i dont know which one to run - its just a server machine and rarely the monitor gets turned on.

thanks

I dont know about the fax server, I suppose I could look for you but Im too lazy But anyways. KDE or Gnome. It doesnt really matter I would just try them both and figure out which one you like better. Functionality wise they both will do what *I* need them to do. The I is the operative word there .
    With the shadow of the fallen star, I will appear.

Hi,

I am building a Fax Server using HylaFax. From what I gathered its a good system. But I am struggling with the configuration using a samba share. Most of the docs I have found quote using SuSe 7.x. I am using MDrake 7.x for my setup. If and when I get it done I hope to post it somewhere for others to reference. But that's where to begin.
    www.hylafax.org

Good Luck
    MadDogTMC

You can try HylaFAX as a server for a fax machine. It is known as the main fax server for Unix-like PC’s. It utilizes a client-server plan and aids the sending and receiving of faxes and text pages, on any scale starting from low to very high volumes, in case you are supposed to utilize large numbers of modems. Learn more about fax software by tapping https://googlefaxfree.com/windows-fax-software/ this link. It is open-source, free of cost software and can be utilized commercially without charging you anything.