Just found a screwy little game: Warcraft II

Thread: Just found a screwy little game: Warcraft II

Just found a screwy little game: Warcraft II

Like I have told a few, I picked up a pile of cast away stuff from someone online. Along with the hardware (my HP550 and the scsi cd) There were some cd's. Two were Warcraft II and some enhancement cd. I plunked it into the windows box and gave it a go. Oh my god is this thing goofy. I mean it works fine but this is the first game I've ever played like this. Good time waster for those long mid-shifts at the radio console. I usually stuck to the Doom-style games but this is a hoot. My wife laughs when I send hordes of those peasents on a rampage. I know, it's old, but eh, it was free.
    See ya!

Dun'kalis Guest
    Zug zug!

warcraft II is kinda fun...I've havent played games in a while, but one of the "newest" games would be online W II

I never tried III, but I wonder how much they changed the game.
    Hey! It compiles! Ship it!

Heh... likewise, I found Warcraft 1 the other day while I was going through my stuff at my parents house. Fun, fun, FUN!!

pcghost Guest
    Warcraft was great! I actually have warcraft III somewhere around here. Now I am going to have to install it. Haven't played it in a long time.

"Yes, my lord."
    "What is it?"
    "Okay."

Warcraft II is a great game. If you can find Dune II somewhere, it is very similar in gameplay, but with a scifi storyline. Another game along the same lines is Command and Conquer: Red Alert.

If you want to see something weirder than that, there's an opensource version - Freecraft <chuckle>, but it's a nice attempt though.
    "SEARCH FIRST... ASK SECOND" -mdwatts-

Hey, it's not old I play WC2 in wine regularly, along with Starcraft.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." --Admiral Yamamoto, 1941