I just folded my first protein - Page 58

Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: I just folded my first protein

Points have been coming back for a few hours, but there was a big spike in the Hourly Production Table for 2.14, 6pm.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...php?s=&t=36480
    -------------
    Folding is Fun

I thought I made a mistake once, but, of course, I was mistaken.

Sweet
    We're back in the hunt!
    Need help in realtime? Visit us at #linuxnewbie on irc.libera.chat

Few of us will do as much for our fellow man as he has done.
    --Andrew Morton on RMS

Quote Originally Posted by bs_texas View Post
    Points have been coming back for a few hours, but there was a big spike in the Hourly Production Table for 2.14, 6pm.
    Think they released a set of experimental... I usually hit between 6k-7k a day, and spiked to ~27k at the same time (no new boxes).
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Must....stop....trilarian!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trilarian View Post
    Think they released a set of experimental... I usually hit between 6k-7k a day, and spiked to ~27k at the same time (no new boxes).
    Go back up here and read the recent posts. There was a network outage at Stanford. It took them a while to get the points back up to the stats servers. So we all had a few point spikes.

There were no stats/points for over 2 days. And, fortunately they weren't lost.... just delayed.
    -------------
    Folding is Fun

Quote Originally Posted by dkeav View Post
    No...

Must... encourage... trilarian....

Must... do... better...

The more points the better!
    -------------
    Folding is Fun

Ah! That makes sense... I thought my ISP had issues as I was out of town that weekend, but noticed the 0 days.

dkeav... you going down buddy!!! haha FOR SCIENCE!
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

I probably had a bunch of zeros last week anyway because my UPS flaked out while I was on vacation and shut down a bunch of my PC's with extreme prejudice.

Back up and running though. Now I need to decide whether I'm going to replace the UPS because it seems to be working fine again...

Quote Originally Posted by dkeav View Post
    You get your wish for a short bit...

Shutting down the boxes at work since today is my last day. Then in a week or so I'll shut down my house ones while I make the move and wait for ISP to hook up the new place. Come January I'll be back full force though!

-Mark Twain

That sucks, but i'll patiently be awaiting your triumphant return. Good luck with the move.

Dang it mhanson (techwise), you're staying one step ahead of me!

These days, I'm only doing GPU folding on Windows machines. My CPU results from any computer ---will not upload--- !!

I think 'they' have implemented an upload cap on this old, stupid, 30 year old, crappy, unreliable, stupid, old, crappy 56K dial-up system.

If I could upload CPU results.. who knows how far I could be!!
    -------------
    Folding is Fun

that sounds like excuses to me old buddy

hit the beach with the smoke signals already, i know the throughput isn't great but gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by bs_texas View Post
    Dang it mhanson (techwise), you're staying one step ahead of me!

These days, I'm only doing GPU folding on Windows machines. My CPU results from any computer ---will not upload--- !!

I think 'they' have implemented an upload cap on this old, stupid, 30 year old, crappy, unreliable, stupid, old, crappy 56K dial-up system.

If I could upload CPU results.. who knows how far I could be!!
    Well, I upgraded my desktop at home and I try to keep my PS3 running now that the cold weather is in. I now have pretty much every machine I have control over running. Not to mention I have a bit of a competitive spirit. Hopefully soon, I will be able to upgrade my workstation at the office. That should really kick it up a notch.
    $whatis microsoft
    microsoft: nothing appropriate

Quote Originally Posted by techwise View Post
    Well, I upgraded my desktop at home and I try to keep my PS3 running now that the cold weather is in. I now have pretty much every machine I have control over running. Not to mention I have a bit of a competitive spirit. Hopefully soon, I will be able to upgrade my workstation at the office. That should really kick it up a notch.
    I have to be careful here. Every time I think things are going ok... something stops working. But, I'm testing out FAHClient 7.1.43. So far, it has been running -smp for a couple of days on my Dell XPS M1730 laptop CPU and it's actually uploading the results. I also have it doing GPU folding and that's going ok also. I'm seeing over 50,000 points in the last 24 hours.

Tomorrow is my day off, so I may convert everything to 7.1.43 and try some more CPU folding.

It's an interesting observation that GPU folding gets less points, but more Work Units. I'm getting 50 to 60 work units per day. Where you are getting around 20.

Oh, and I hafta fold nekkid 'cause it's kinda hot in here!! j/k.. sorta..

-------------
    Folding is Fun

Oh, and I hafta fold nekkid 'cause it's kinda hot in here!! j/k.. sorta..
    Gonna need pics to prove it either way.

I just ordered 2 nVidia cards so I can do some GPU folding and I overclocked my i5 to 4.3Ghz. I may need another fan in my case and a bigger power supply too. Gotta keep up with the Jones'.
    $whatis microsoft
    microsoft: nothing appropriate