Ever open nautilus in TWM?

Thread: Ever open nautilus in TWM?

Ever open nautilus in TWM?

You know for the past few years I've been talking ad nauseum about how konqueror and fluxbox are a marriage made in heaven... well I just accidentally stumbled onto something just as awesome. TWM takes on the Gnome background image, which certainly makes it better looking, but the Gnome Desktop (minus the panes) the panels actually opens as separate window that can be moved and iconified. It seems to be fully functional.

Does everybody know about this? I was going to post some screenshots, but that question about the cli vs. the gui sort of took the wind out of my sails.

I think I need to try this in fvwm. I love iconifying windows, and if I could get this with custom keyboard shortcuts, I'd never look back.

Nautilus will by default do this to any WM you're running, it puts a layer above the 'root window'. If at any point it annoys you, you can run nautilus --no-desktop or something of the like I believe
    Join the JustLinux irc chat | irc.freenode.net | #linuxn00b
    San Diego Web Development | Used Computers for Sale

Slackware Linux | Gentoo Linux | Debian GNU/Linux
    Registerd Linux User #313504

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbolt View Post
    Nautilus will by default do this to any WM you're running, it puts a layer above the 'root window'. If at any point it annoys you, you can run nautilus --no-desktop or something of the like I believe
    I realize that now. It doesn't always work out that well. I learned a long time ago that nautilus will totally stop fluxbox in its tracks (or at least that's how it has worked out for me. Now that I understand how it works, I might be able to find some tinteresting possibilities, if I was so inclined. Damn, I like to tinker much too much for my own good. If I wasn't so tickled with Konqueror (and Dolphin, which I have come to respect as a streamlined Konqueror remix.) I'd try searching the manpage for that "no desktop" option.

Goes good with TWM, though, and FVWM. Will try it with icewm sometime soon.